Thursday, November 02, 2006

Murder Most Frothy, by Cleo Coyle

I'm finishing up the latest in the coffeehouse series by Cleo Coyle. Our heroine is working on contract, setting the up the coffee and dessert pairings and the coffee blends for an upscale restaurant in the Hamptons. Murder happens--no surprise there--and sleuthing ensues. Claire Cosi is joined (to her dismay) in the sleuthing by her ex-husband (who is her partner in the coffeehouse in New York City), her mother-in-law (who owns the coffeehouse in New York City), her daughter, and various and sundry characters. I'm no longer a coffee drinker, but I enjoy the coffee lore and facts, descriptions of the coffees (I can almost smell the coffee--and I do still like the aroma!), along with the easy writing style. The characters are quirkly but charming, and I find the series to be "a good read" in the cozy style.

No comments: